Tuesday 2 May 2017

A birthday card, a button and some new stuff.

First of all, I can't believe that a third of the year has gone already - it doesn't seem that long since new year!  I must be getting old!





This a birthday card for a family friend, but I should have some on Etsy soon, or you can just let me know in the comments below if you'd like me to make you something similar.

I used a precut card from The Works for this one and it's a B5 size not my usual A5.  I printed the vintage image onto mat photo paper then used a mixture of watercolour paint and gel pens to colour in and enhance the image. I then stitched it onto a piece of patterned paper before attaching it to the card and adding the sentiment and enamel dots.




I made this button in the same way as I showed you a couple of weeks ago, us four different pieces of fabric to create the circle to cover the button with. This button will be going onto a lavender pillow I'm making.




I spent a couple of hours yesterday looking through bits of fabric and vintage linens etc to put together a few new pieces, mainly lavender or  rose sachets and pillows, to add to my wip* pile. I tend to work on the principle of finishing one thing and then starting another half dozen!

I'll be back on Thursday, with at least one finished thing!

TTFN
Louise

*wip - work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment