Saturday 5 November 2016

The green and lace needlecase and pincushion set








I love the mottled pattern on the green linen fabric that I used for these two items, it gives it a faded denim look to the fabric. The lace is vintage and formed a couple of corners of a table-mat that had some stains on it (I do try and not cut something up that is in a pristine condition, though I can't guarantee that I won't!).

Taking the advantage of the lace being so lovely, I didn't need to add much more embellishment to either piece - just a line of running stitch following the edge of the lace and a few buttons. The pincushion just has the one wooden button to go with the matching running stitch thread. I've filled it with sheep's wool that I recycle from packaging. It still has some of the natural oils in the wool so it helps to keep your needles rust free.

The needlecase has two wooden buttons and two vintage mother of pearl buttons that both show the wear of their previous life. I have also added a stitched label to the front. Inside there's a couple of felt 'leaves' to hold your needles that has been tied onto the needlecase cover.

You can find this little set in my Etsy store if you're interested.

I'll be back on Monday.

TTFN
Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment