Saturday 24 September 2016

A couple of wips*











These are two of the things I'm working on at the moment. The top one is a piece of lace cloth I made a while ago from silk scrim and fabric and lace scraps. I have now started to add embroidery and beads to it. I'm using a mixture of threads, the one is the photo are all vintage but I'm also using some cream silk and coton a broder that are new too. I'm not entirely sure what I will do with this when I think it's had enough embellishment. It may form a top of a pillow or an art piece or be cut up into smaller pieces to use on more than one piece of work.

The second piece will be a lavender pillow. I'm making it out of wool fabrics and lace and it'll be further embellished with stitch and buttons, probably. Sometimes a piece can evolve into something different than what you originally intended to make, but at the moment this will be a lavender pillow. I am enjoying working on this wool fabric though, it has a definite autumn feel to it, plus you don't really need to worry about it fraying either.

I hope you have a good weekend and I'll be back again on Monday.  

TTFN
Louise

*wip - work in progress

No comments:

Post a Comment