Tuesday 21 June 2016

A linen pouch










Another wip* I couldn't share with you last Friday and another present for my sister. The front is made from a glazed linen that I've embroidered with my sister's initial, C. I worked the main part of the initial in chain stitch and used a mixture of stem stitch and satin stitch for the rest.

The back and the flap of the pouch is made from a section of a vintage linen tablecloth. I chose it because I wanted a fancy edge for the flap and it made sense to use one that was already made! The closure is a press-stud with a mother of pearl button to disguise the stitches on the top of the flap.

My sister travels a lot for work, so this pouch will be used to carry her smalls* in while she's away.

I have one further item I made for my sister to share with you, which I'll do on Thursday.  It's a piece of clothing, something that I don't often make.

TTFN
Louise

wip* - work in progress
smalls* - underwear, knickers etc.

2 comments: