Thursday 5 May 2016

A vintage chocolate box













I already have a vintage chocolate box that I was given as a present a few years ago (there's a blog post about it), and I've been keeping a look out to find another one. 

I found this one on Ebay a couple of weeks ago for the really good price of 99p (I don't usually bid more than 99p for items on Ebay) plus the £2.80 postage. I was surprised that no-one else was after it, though the colours may have put some people off.

The top of the box is covered in a beautifully coloured bark cloth that is edged with green and cream braid. The bottom of the box is gold on the base and just plain on the inside. The piece of protective paper on the inside has art deco designs printed on it, so perhaps the box is from the 1930s/1940s?

I'm going to use the paper for crafting with, and I'm going to keep some of my white vintage lace in the box. It's definitely a bit of a treasure.

TTFN
Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment