Tuesday 12 April 2016

Embroidered artist trading cards (ATC)

I've sworn off swaps this year as they were taking up too much of my time, but I let this swap sneek through as ATCs are only small. There's a huge community of people who swap artist trading cards, but the swap I joined is for cross-stitched cards and we're a quite small group. Each month we're given a theme and we have to produce a piece of cross-stitch that fits onto a card that is 3.5 inches by 2.5 inches.

My first theme was stitcher's choice. One of the reasons I wanted to do this swap as I hadn't done any cross-stitch for while and this gave me an opportunity to do a little bit. Of course, I jumped in with both feet and decided to do mine on linen with waste canvas! I had a really hard time pulling the waste canvas threads out some of my stitching ended up a bit wonky (that is my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)!






Last month's theme was creepy crawlies so I did this beetle, on aida that was so much easier!





This month's theme is 'baked goods', I'll share that one when my partner has received it.

TTFN
Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment