Friday 17 July 2015

Works in progress (wips)

My pile of wips is quite big. These are some of the things I am working on at the moment.


This is a pocket being attached with chain stitch. The pocket has drawn and embroidered petals. 



The top image is of stylised honeysuckle flowers drawn on paper with pin pricked centres. The bottom one is the same,  except it's drawn on broderie anglais? I'll be adding french knots for the centres on here. They'll be mounted in my ledger when finished. 


This is a vintage hanky, with more drawn stylised honeysuckle flowers. I've added a pocket that's edged with buttonhole lace. I'm in the process of adding kantha stitches (lots and lots of running stitches) across the hanky covering everything that's not drawn on. It's going to take some time,  but it's really relaxing.


This is going to be a little pouch. It'll be folded in half, where you can see the crease, with the image of peonies on the front and the boat made out of broderie anglais. 


This is what I've been working on today. More doodling on white spotted fabric. The cutwork circle has a ruched pocket lined with lace inserted into it. I'm in three process of adding bullion loops around the outside of the pocket.

There's more, but these are the one's I'm doing something to at present. 

TTFN 
Louise 

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love your work. I've never seen anything like this. I am going to follow you and hang around awhile. I don't blog alot about my quilting etc. Hopefully soon I'll be able to do more. Now that I've figured out pictures with my phone! Yea me! Thanks for coming by my little sewing room closet.
    It is small! I really didn't even show all of it. I've been working more on better storage. I'll have some new pics this weekend I hope for part two. Have a great week and thanks again for coming by so I could meet you. XXOO

    ReplyDelete