Wednesday 1 July 2015

Patchwork and lace bag











I made this bag for a swap. The front is made from some patchwork that I'd done years ago from vintage Laura Ashley fabric. I then added a crocheted doily and fabric flower and a crocheted edge snipped from a large mat.

The outside of the flap and the back of the bag is made from a floral cotton, with the flap decorated with more crocheted doilies and a couple of buttons. 

The inside is made from a blue striped fabric, with a pocket made from a vintage piece of cotton decorated with tape lace.

The shoulder strap is also made from the striped fabric. I added a fold in the strap fastened with two buttons, which means that the strap could be lengthened or shortened by just removing and refastening the buttons (I didn't have a buckle so this was the next best thing).

I have more pieces of the patchwork so I am going to make myself one of these bags and a couple may find there way into my shop too.

TTFN 
Louise  

1 comment:

  1. love your placement of the doilies over that pretty, flowered fabric.

    ReplyDelete