Tuesday 21 July 2015

Grey and silver bling pillow

I made this pillow for my sister's birthday in June. These first pictures were taken when the finished embroidered pillow top was on the damp-stretching board.














I started with a patchwork of fabrics and decorated each of the seams in one way or another.  I  used glass beads, buttons, pearls, pieces of jewellery, ric rac, lace, crocheted flowers and gimp as well as a selection of different embroidery threads.

The photos below are of the completed pillow.


The fabric with the leaves forms a pocket, with the opening at the top.
The beaded button in the middle of this photo has been tied on once the pillow was stuffed.


I backed the pillow with the same leaf fabric that I used to make the pocket in the top right-hand corner of the pillow.

TTFN
Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment