Thursday 21 May 2015

Button flower brooch














This organic oval brooch has been made from lace fabric that I have created myself from muslin and scraps of lace and silk and free motion embroidery. I then embellished this with chain stitch stems, each ending in either a mother of pearl button or a small bead. Around the edges of the floweres I used french knots and a variegated blue embroidery thread to create a 'sky' and a cluster of yellow french knots to depict the 'sun'. Along the base of the brooch I used the same green embroidery threads that I used for the flower stems to create a bed of french knots.

The back of the brooch is made from white felt and has a kilt-style pin to attach the brooch to your clothes and an Elsie May and Bertha label. To complete the brooch the edges have been bound with blanket stitch.

If you'd like to the proud owner of this unique brooch, pop over to the Elsie May and Bertha website.
TTFN
Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment