Friday 1 February 2013

February Creative Connections challenge

February's challenge subject is 'valentines' (it had to be really).

I've made a few valentiny things to sell at the two shops that carry my work (Paper, Scissors, Stone and Seagrass studio Gallery) but these are more for men to buy women rather than vice versa. I decided, therefore, to make something more 'manly' for the challenge.

I decided on a 'picture' and started off with a cover off an old book to used as the board



I covered it with some 60's inspired paper on the front.


To create the picture I found a suitable quote (from the internet), cut out some hearts from an old map and sorted out some stamps and glued them to the board. 


For the back of the picture I glued on another piece of the map.



So that the lady could add a little billet doux to her Valentine I created a little envelope (I used a an envelope I already had as a template.



A little card to go in the envelope.


To be able to hang up my creation I sewed a brass ring to a little piece of fabric and glued this to the back.





To enter your valentine craft into the challenge, go to the monthly challenge page on the Creative Connections website.

TTFN

Louise

1 comment: